Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Flying Through February

       February has been a busy month. Two more presentations down and a few more to go. I have been enjoying the new Endocrine Pharmacology course because we have been reading Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers by Robert Sapolsky, and not only are the readings interesting, but they tie in to what we’ve been learning thus far and we get to understand stress on the various body systems and what stressors do to us. I also am enjoying the blog post assignments that coincide with the readings because we get to apply the readings to our lives and get to see what our classmates have taken from the readings and reply to their responses as well. The blog post replies allow us to get to know our classmates that we may not get to interact with as often as others, and I overall love the stress presentations that we will all get a chance to present with fellow classmates. 
       I am enjoying Neuropharmacology and getting to learn the different mental illnesses. Right before spring break we learned the different drug laws, which I found really interesting, and hope I can apply it to the next test and excel. As far learning opportunities, I should focus more on mechanisms, especially the proposed mechanisms and pathophysiology of the different mental illnesses that we are studying. We have the NBME coming up, and as I look back, I realize we have learned so many body systems and drugs, and I know that this review is necessary and I hope to pass and show that I have been studying hard and soaking up all the knowledge this program has offered me. 
       My spring break has been great so far. Studying is still at the top of my list because we have to finish strong. Parading with friends and other classmates has been fun. I have enjoyed showing one of my classmates, now a lifetime friend, New Orleans and Mardi Gras. I am glad we were able to remain safe and still enjoy Mardi Gras. 
       Now, it is time to get back into study mode and back to volunteering for the month of March. I plan on returning to Second Harvest Food Bank unless my service is needed somewhere else for March. I really enjoy volunteering and the exposure to different experiences, such as feeding the hungry and heart walks, which really make me feel as if I am giving back to my community.

2020 Volunteer Hours Completed: 5.0 
Cumulative Hours (Fall 2019 Hours Included): 19.5

No comments:

Post a Comment